Printreading for Installing and Troubleshooting Electrical Systems is a completely new text/workbook that provides a fundamental resource for learning and applying the printreading skills needed when installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical systems and equipment. Approximately 100 examples of residential, commercial, and industrial prints are used to highlight specific content in each chapter.
- Chapter introductions preview content to be covered.
- Technical introductions provide supplemental information related to topics discussed.
- Icons placed throughout the text direct the learner to related content provided on the Interactive CD-ROM.
- Related electrical device information is provided.
- Example activities featuring real-world scenarios are used. Each example is complete with graphic answers.
- Industrial application photos supplement text, illustrations, and activities.
- Activities feature typical industry applications and problems.
- Trade competency tests offer a review of specific chapter topics.
The end of each chapter contains installation and troubleshooting applications. Review questions and activities follow to test for understanding. A CD-ROM is included at the back of the book.
Textbook CD-ROM contents include:
From the Introduction
- Quick Quizzes that reinforce fundamental concepts, with 10 questions per chapter.
- An Illustrated Glossary that provides a helpful reference to key terms.
- A Resource Library that includes a complete set of prints for a commercial building, car wash prints, and assorted other prints.
- The CSI MasterFormat, which includes multiple MasterFormat listings.
- A Virtual Motor Control Enclosure with two activities that test a learner's understanding of prints.
- Flash Cards that provide a review of terms and definitions, electrical symbols, and non-electrical symbols.
- Access to ATPeResouces.com, which provides a comprehensive array of instructional resources.
Printreading for Installing and Troubleshooting Electrical Systems presents foundational printreading skills needed to install and troubleshoot electrical systems. Each chapter includes text and multiple print examples on residential, commercial, and/or industrial topics.
With an emphasis on print symbols and print elements, 180 electrical prints along with supplemental information are used to cover electrical printreading throughout the text. Each chapter also includes photographs, electrical and printreading tech tips, and graphic icons that designate files or prints located on the textbook CD-ROM.
The chapters offer a comprehensive learning experience and include an introduction, numerous illustrations, two-scenario based Examples that include graphic answers, Review Questions that include true-false, multiple choice, and completion style questions, two scenario-based Activities complete with prints, and Trade Competency Tests where three different prints are used to answer questions.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Printreading Fundamentals. Chapter 2: Residential and Commercial Electrical Symbols. Chapter 3: Industrial Electrical and Electronic Symbols. Chapter 4: Electrical Drawings and Plans. Chapter 5: Electrical and Electronic Systems. Chapter 6: Facility Construction and Maintenance Systems. Chapter 7: Residential and Commerical Power and Lighting Systems. Chapter 8: Residential and Commercial VDV Systems. Chapter 9: Fire Alarm, Life Safety, and Security Systems. Chapter 10: HVAC Sytems. Chapter 11: Industrial Control Systems. Chapter 12: Industrial Power Systems. Chapter 13: Industrial Equipment. Chapter 14: Fluid Power Systems. Chapter 15: Process and Instrumentation Systems. Appendix. Glossary. Index.