Plumbing Design and Installation is a comprehensive text used by apprentices and plumbing students to develop basic competencies. The text thoroughly describes the design, installation, and testing of plumbing systems in residential and commercial settings. Topics covered include the history of plumbing, plumbing codes, safety, tools and materials, common joints, and common plumbing systems.
New and expanded material includes the following topics:
- Plumbing fixtures and appliances
- Testing and inspecting plumbing systems
- Safety and personal protective equipment
- Press fittings for copper pipe
- Customer service and plumbing system repair
- Obtaining a plumber's license
Service and repair procedures are incorporated throughout the text, with standards organizations consolidated into easy-to-read reference tables in the Appendix.
The text also provides related plumbing facts, useful plumbing tips, and highlights key points from the content. Step-by-step procedures complement the full-color art shown throughout the text.