With an emphasis on maintenance personnel versatility, Industrial Maintenance is a comprehensive source of fundamental system operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting information.
Industrial Maintenance 3rd Edition is an established textbook depicting industrial system operations, maintenance principles and procedures, and troubleshooting practices. Special emphasis is placed on preventive and predictive maintenance management and the develpment of critical-thinking skills for system troubleshooting. The industrial systems included are electrical, electronic, refrigeration, boiler, HVAC, mechanical, and fluid power systems. For each system, the textbook describes operating principles, equipment, basic procedures, common problems, and troubleshooting examples.
The interactive CD-ROM included in this book features:
From the Introduction
- Quick Quizzes, which are interactive tests that reinforce fundamental concepts with 10 questions per chapter.
- An Illustrated Glossary of industrial maintenance terms with links to selected illustrations.
- Maintenanace Forms for common recordkeeping requirements that can be customized and printed for use in the field.
- Flash Cards that reinforce an understanding of common industry terms and definitions.
- Media Clips, which are short videos and animations depicting standard equipment and procedures encountered by maintenance personnel,
- Access to ATPeResources.com, which provides a comprehensive array of instructional resources.
Maintenance personnel are responsible for an ever-expanding range of industrial processes and building systems. These technicians and engineers are expected to be prepared for many different types of maintenance tasks, and able to recognize complex problems caused by different parts of a system. They are also expected to understand the operating principles of various systems and develop the necessary skills for effective troubleshooting. Also, maintenance departments are key participants in facility-wide energy-efficiency and waste-reduction programs.
Industrial Maintenance, 3rd Edition, is a comprehensive textbook covering fundamental maintenance and troubleshooting principles, procedures, and practices. Maintenance management is featured through the application of preventive and predictive maintenance, including the role of computerized systems to promote efficiency. The textbook is arranged in a system-based format. Common industrial systems covered include electrical, electronic, PLC, refrigeration, boiler, HVAC, mechanical, and fluid power systems. Troubleshooting principles are applied within each chapter and detailed further in a capstone chapter with case study examples. Safety, service, and repair principles are also explained through common industrial examples. The glossary defines over 840 technical terms used throughout the textbook.
This edition includes new material that reflects some of the current trends in maintenance management, energy efficiency, and occupational health and safety. New and expanded topics include the following:
- Lean principles.
- Energy efficiency and green buildings.
- Safety regulations and standards.
- Advanced multimeter functions and features.
- Voltage drop measurement.
- Motor winding insulation testing.
- Refrigerant charge verification.
- Boiler furnace control sequence.
- Building automation systems.
- Energy audits.
- Indoor air quality issues.
The CD-ROM included at the back of the textbook includes Quick Quizzes for each chapter, an Illustrated Glossary, Maintenance Forms, Flash Cards, Media Clips, and link to ATPeResources.com. The Maintenance Forms are a collection of common forms used by maintenance personnel, which can be printed for use in the field. Information about using the Industrial Maintenance CD-ROM is included at the back of the book.
The Industrial Maintenance Workbook (available separately) complements the textbook, testing comprehension with review questions and challenging the student to apply critical-thinking skills with activities based on real-life maintenance problems.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Maintenance Principles. Chapter 2: Workplace Safety. Chapter 3: Service and Repair Principles. Chapter 4: Electrical Systems. Chapter 5: Electronics and Programmable Logic Controllers. Chapter 6: Refrigeration Systems. Chapter 7: Boiler Systems. Chapter 8: Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Systems. Chapter 9: Mechanical Systems. Chapter 10: Fluid Power Systems. Chapter 11: Troubleshooting. Appendix. Glossary. Index.