DeWALT HVAC Estimating Professional Reference is the ideal pocket tool for any mechanical estimator. This book guides you though each step of the HVAC bidding process, from looking for business opportunities to closing the deal, as well as other useful information, including:
- Forms and Checklists
- Ductwork Estimating
- Value Engineering
- Proposal Inclusions and Exclusions
- "Getting the Job" Tips
- Reviewing Contracts
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Math Shortcuts
- Much, much more.
DeWALT HVAC Estimating Professional Reference provides the straightforward, must-know HVAC estimating information needed by mechanical estimators, building contractors, and technical trade contractors alike. It will guide you through each step of the HVAC bidding process, beginning with identifying potential business opportunities, and progressing to estimating, conducting cost analysis, reviewing contracts, and finally, to closing the deal. On-site worksheets, "Getting the Job" tips, and math shortcuts offer additional tools, making this a concise yet comprehensive resource for anyone preparing to bid for an HVAC job.
From the Preface
- Pocket-guide design puts "must know" information at your fingertips for on-the-job success.
- Completely current and up-to-date with industry standards.
- Special cover material is flexible, tear-resistant, and water- and oil-resistant for ease of use in the office or on-the-job.
- Exclusive super-strong binding allows the books to lay flat when opened while keeping the pages securely intact.
- Large and easy-to-read text makes it easy to quickly find the information you need.
- Conveniently fits into your pocket or toolbox.
Is your HVAC business making the money you want it to make for you? Many HVAC contractors work hard with good craftsmanship and go the extra mile to satisfy customers, but they are not sure if they are making the most profit possible.
The only way to be sure is to take control of the numbers in your business. This book is written to introduce a down-to-earth HVAC estimating method. Instead of just discussing how to measure duct liners and count boilers, it provides you with various estimating tips, checklists, forms, data tables, etc. These contents are presented in a straightforward, to-the-point, and "no-nonsense" format.
Chapter 1: General Preparation. Chapter 2: Quantity Take-Off. Chapter 3: Pricing. Chapter 4: Bidding. Chapter 5: Post-Bid. Chapter 6: Man-hour Tables. Chapter 7: Technical Reference. Chapter 8: Abbreviations.