Improve cost planning for facilities management.
For owners and facility managers today, proactive planning is essential in order to maneuver around shrinking budgets and fewer resources. This comprehensive guide covers the costs and repair frequencies for thousands of work items to help improve cost planning and management related to:
Budget and work plan preparation.
Building condition assessment.
Life cycle costing.
Cost planning for facilities management is easier than ever with the industry's most reliable cost information from RS Means.
What you'll find inside:
About the Contributors
Applied Management Engineering (AME)
- Updated - Maintenance and repair cost data - demolition and replacement, repair, and refinishing work in existing facilities.
- Updated - Preventive maintenance cost data - costs and recommended frequencies for tasks required to ensure continuous, satisfactory facility operation. Includes such items as lubrication of pumps and motors, filter changes for HVAC units, and roof inspections.
- Updated - General maintenance cost data - cleaning (floors, walls, ceilings, windows, and more) and regular grounds maintenance tasks.
- City cost indexes and location factors for over 930 U.S. and Canadian locations.
- Equipment rental costs.
- Crew size projections, labor hours, and labor rates.
- Receive free quarterly cost index updates for a full year.
provided the checklists and the data for the Preventive Maintenance section. Located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, AME is an engineering consulting firm focusing on facility management consulting.
Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL)
provided the raw data comprising much of the Maintenance and Repair section. Located in Champaign, Illinois, CERL is a research facility of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Table of Contents
Foreword. How the Book is Built: An Overview. How to Use the Book: The Details. Maintenance and Repair. Preventive Maintenance. General Maintenance. Facilities Audits. Reference Section.
Construction Equipment Rental Costs. Crew Listings. Travel Costs. Reference Tables. City Adjustments. Location Factors. Reference Aids. Life Cycle Costing. Abbreviations. Other RS Means Products and Services. In-House Contractor’s Overhead and Profit.