The 2010 Oregon Fire Code is a fully integrated custom code based on the 2009 International Fire Code.
It is printed in looseleaf format and includes a custom binder.
Effective Date July 01, 2010
Authorized by ORS 476.030
Adopted by OAR 837 Division 40
PART 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
SCOPE AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
These regulations shall be known as the Oregon Fire Code, hereinafter referred to as "this code."
This code establishes regulations affecting or relating to structures, processes, premises and safeguards regarding:
- The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices.
- Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the occupancy of structures or premises.
- Fire hazards in the structure or on the premises from occupancy or operation.
- Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or alarm systems
- Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
The following governmental subdivisions may have other regulations as long as such regulations are consistent with OAR Chapter 837, Division 39. A water district under ORS 264.342 or a city or county, subject to consent as required by ORS 478.924, or a rural fire protection district under ORS 478.910.
ORS 264.342, 478.9 10, 478.924 and OAR 837, Division 39 are not a part of this code but are reproduced or paraphrased here for the reader's convenience.
ORS 264342 allows a domestic water district to adopt a fire prevention code.
ORS 478.910 allows a rural fire protection district to adopt a fire prevention code.
ORS 478.924 states that the provisions of a fire prevention code adopted by a district after October 4, 1977 shall not apply unless approved by the governing body of the city or county in which the district exists.
OAR Chapter 837, Division 39 regulates the administration of fire prevention programs.